Registered Nurse Jobs, Medical Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Kakamega County Jobs
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position;
3. Position: Registered Nurse III, Job Group CPSB 11 (144 Posts)
Salary Scale: Ksh. 24,580 x 1,070 – 25,650 x 1,080 – 26,730 x 1,110 – 27,840 x 1,130 – 28,970 x 1,200 –
30,170 x 1,260 – 31,430 x 1,330 – 32,760 p.m.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the
guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s
- Providing appropriate health care services including integrated Management of
Childhood illnesses (IMCI), immunization, PMTCT, ante-natal care and delivery, providing
health education and counselling to patients/clients and community on identified health
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and
- Collecting and compiling data.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Be in possession of a valid Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation
- Terms of Service: Three (3) years Renewable contract based on agreed performance levels.
How to Apply
All applicants MUST submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae,
Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, Valid Clearance
from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), and any other supporting documents. The positions
applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 8th November, 2019
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons with
Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted