Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Medical Jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE MTRH 10
- Implement the Nursing Act, Cap 257 of 2005 amended 2001.
- Provide holistic, preventive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative health care services using the nursing process to meet health needs of clients/patients at the Hospital.
- Collaborate with other members of the health care team in providing health care interventions.
- Carry out research in nursing health care.
- Maintain nursing records and confidentiality of information relating to patients/clients.
- Provide safe patient care in a conducive environment.
Registered Nurse Responsibilities include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes;
- Providing appropriate healthcare services including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), immunization, PMTCT, ante-natal care and delivery;
- Providing health education and counseling to patients/clients on identified health needs;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients’/clients health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and
- Collecting and compiling data.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in a busy Hospital with at least two hundred (200) bed capacity.
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines; Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Responsive, prompt and effective provision of services.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Good time management.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Client service support and public relations.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.