Registrar Job at Foundation Institute of Africa
Registrar Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in enrolment of students to meet stated enrolment goals for the College;
- Manage the students ‘admission process in line with existing policies and regulations;
- Be the chief custodian of all students’ academic records;
- Compile and maintain the College academic calendar;
- Manage the College timetable and ensure teaching and examination timetables are released on time, with optimal spacing considerations;
- Manage all graduation related activities for the institution;
- Provide leadership in the design and delivery of excellent academic service delivery across the entire student life cycle while benchmarking against best practice in service delivery;
- As Secretary to the College Senate, and working in close collaboration with other offices, lead the development, review, oversight and implementation of academic policies and the College’s academic regulatory framework;
- Develop and, in consultation with the principal on -Academics, Research and Extension, manage academic budgets;
- Spearhead inspections, registrations and renewals of registrations of the College with higher education bodies, research bodies, examination and professional bodies as well as government institutions;
- Provide leadership in curriculum development and review, and participate in development and approval of new programmes;
- Be responsible for management and administration of College Examinations.
- Develop and implement student recruitment and retention strategies that maximize and maintain enrolments in all areas of the College to contribute to the ongoing financial viability of the College
- Directs and coordinates college or College registration activities: Consults with other officials to devise registration schedules and procedures.
- Analyzes statistical data on registration for administrative use in formulating policies.
- Exchanges student information with other colleges or universities.
- Directs preparation of student transcripts.
- Prepares commencement list.
- Directs preparation of statistical reports on educational activities for government and educational agencies and interprets registration policies to faculty and students.
- Directs activities of workers engaged in transcribing and evaluating academic records of students applying for permission to enter college or College.
- Directs compilation of information, such as class schedules and graduation requirements, for publication in school bulletins and catalogs.
- Coordinates dissemination of information on courses offered and procedures students are required to follow in order to obtain grade transcripts.
- Issues official transcripts.
- Coordinates class schedules with room assignments for optimum use of buildings and equipment.
- May assign rooms for student activities.
Qualifications for the Registrar Job
- A Degree in Education Management, Operations Management, Administration or related field from a recognized College OR a Master’s Degree, with outstanding experience in Academics Management;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in academic administration at a senior management level;
- Informed about the national and international academic trends and issues;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements from the Commission of Higher Education, relevant examination bodies and professional bodies;
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and people skills, with a self-driven attitude;
- Good analytical and reporting skills;
- Training and/or certification in Quality Management Systems specifically 1SO 9001:2008/ISO 9001:2015 standard is an added advantage;
- Organised with the ability to adhere to set deadlines and adapt to changing conditions;
- Ability to solve both operational and strategic issues through pragmatic and commercially sound approaches.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of MS Office suite and internet.
- Attentive to details
- Service oriented
- Good at planning and organizing
- Empathetic and sociable
- Highly diplomatic
- Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions
- Excellent at written and oral communication as well as presentation
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
- Passionate about connecting with teachers and students
- Service oriented
- Excellent at oral and written communication.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV and Cover letter to email@example.com with the position as a subject line on or before 20/9/2018.