Research Analyst Jobs, Insurance Jobs, Britam Kenya Jobs
Research Analyst ( Britam Asset Managers – Kenya) – (19000049)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The research analysts will be responsible for undertaking research across asset classes to inform investment decisions and will report to the Senior Portfolio Manager.
- Perform analysis to come up with financial models on prospective investment opportunities and recommend investment decisions.
- Derive capital market expectations.
- Conducting market research across industries and gather market intelligence to enhance management of client funds.
- Participating in security selection meetings.
- Maintain up to date information on the latest economic trends globally, in the country and across sectors.
- Presenting due diligence reports to the wider fund management team and participating in asset allocation decisions.
Britam Asset Managers Kenya Portfolio Managers
Britam Asset Managers Uganda analysts and portfolio managers
Key Performance Measures
Accurate Investment analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Statistics or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Pursuing the CFA program with at least level 1 qualification
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Financial modelling skills
- Knowledge of investments and financial markets
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and evaluate investment strategies and positions
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People – Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-actively shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behavior and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
- Analyzing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
- Planning and Organizing – Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates’ actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behavior; sets appropriate standards of behavior.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realize personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
- Applying Expertise and Technology – Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Following Instructions and Procedures – Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adapting and Responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Candidates are required to demonstrate their ability to deliver in this role in line with the requirements and expectations indicated. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply