Research Analyst Jobs, Banking Jobs, Economics Jobs, Finance Jobs, Co-operative Bank Jobs
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank Kenya, “the kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to the new horizons.
Our mission is to offer value-added financial services to our chosen market segments with special emphasis on the co-operative movement through a highly effective network of service points, excellent customer service and a highly motivated team of qualified personnel.
It is against this background that we are looking to recruit a creative and self-driven professional with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and a genuine interest in the financial markets to join Kingdom Securities Limited, a subsidiary of The Co-operative Bank Group as a Research Analyst.
- Carry out in-depth analysis of economic and industry dynamics as well as analyzing trading of particular companies on NSE and report on findings of the same.
- Maintain an extensive coverage list of companies and monitor of all developments on those companies.
- Review and interpret cash flow statements, income statements and balance sheets on publicly traded companies.
- Provide fundamental research on industry and individual company and help generate timely and accurate investment recommendations.
- Develop, maintain and manage business contacts with companies’ management, buy-side analysts and investment community peers.
- Participate in industry conferences, investor briefings, on-site visits, gathering first-hand information and help enhance investment process.
- Develop financial models to accurately reflect companies’ overall performance and valuation to help make sensible investment decisions.
- Calculate financial ratios and perform exchange rate calculations as well as supporting research and periodical publication activities.
- Develop, maintain and analyze generic and specific company, industry and market overviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, economics, finance or related field with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity within a brokerage firm or investment bank.
- Qualifications in CFA, CISI, CIFA program or other relevant professional course.
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel knowledge with sound understanding of database architecture.
- Advanced accounting and financial modelling.
- Strong communication skills with ability to exercise objective and independent thought.
- Innovative problem solving skills with excellent analytical capability.
- Self-supervising – personally accountable for the quality and accuracy of work.
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer