Resource Mobilization Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs, Social Sciences Jobs, Marketing Jobs, Eagle HR Jobs
RESOURCE MOBILIZATION OFFICER JOB IN NAIROBI
Job Ref: EHC/1330/19
Our Client an apex body representing the voice and pro-active action of resident associations on consumers and taxpayers’ rights countrywide – on accelerated access to public service delivery is seeking to hire a competent resource mobilization officer to drive its fundraising initiatives.
The officer is expected to contribute towards improvement of financial sustainability of the organization by designing and writing grant proposals to potential partners (government, private sector; development partners among others); identifying and seizing fundraising opportunities; diversification of funding streams for the organization and establishing value-adding contacts and relationships for the benefit of the organization.
The officer will also be expected to understand key focus areas and interests of various potential partners; understand project monitoring and evaluation systems that ensures impact and effectiveness of the organization’s programmatic work; Work closely with other staff in regard to conceptualization, planning, writing, reviewing, communication and submission of the relevant documents for a targeted resource mobilization initiative.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies, that includes yearly targets to meet the financial needs of the organization
- Approaching and raising funds from private sector, development partners/donors, company membership among others
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and finding a match with partners whose funding criteria match the organization’s vision and activities;
- Developing, managing and updating corporate contacts and maximizing the relationships for the benefit of the company;
- Developing annual work plans based on the approved strategy together with revenue and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiatives;
- Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising, if needed;
- Being current and up to date with available fundraising initiatives and legal issues affecting corporate fundraising;
- Ensuring all partners receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
- Sensitizing and training other staff members on fund raising skills and strategy in order to build an effective fundraising team.
- Bachelors Degree in Development Studies; Social Sciences, Marketing or related field from a recognized University. Possession of Masters Degree and/or additional programme & resource mobilization trainings will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in programming and fundraising for Civil Society Organizations/NGOs. Experience in fundraising for a membership organization will be an added advantage.
- Proven proposal writing skills and evidence of successful resource mobilization initiatives undertaken
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships and networks that are of value to organization fundraising initiatives
- Demonstrable coordination skills and understanding of non-governmental project management cycle
- Proven ability to work and deliver within strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven self-drive and ability to play a leadership role within an organization
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV and cover letter to the address below by close of business Friday 18th October 2019 quoting current and expected salary to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates are advised that Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s)