Job Grade GD3
JOB NO. 11.
Reporting to the General Manager, Strategy, Research and Innovation: The jobholder will be responsible for developing and implementing Risk and Quality assurance framework, strategies, and matrices to ensure operational risks and controls are managed appropriately to meet external, internal and regulatory requirements.
- Identifying priority areas for risk assessment and mitigation planning, including risk assessment process, compilation and consolidation of risk management periodic reports;
- Promote a strong operational risk management and compliance culture
- Conducting statutory risk and quality assurance audits to ensure and obtain workplace certification;
- Obtaining quality management system certification and monitor implementation to sustain compliance;
- Carrying out risk assessments in relation to risk and quality assurance at work;
- Implementing risk and quality management systems; and
- Undertaking research on emerging trends on risk and quality assurance.
- Have not less than eleven (11) years relevant work experience two (2) years should be in a managerial role;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce, Economics, Business, Project Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder of a Master Degree in any of the following disciplines; – Commerce, Economics, Business, Project Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Training in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Balance Score Card or any other Planning & Strategy Tool, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registration with relevant professional body and be in good standing;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Possess leadership training from a recognized institution; and
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical verbal and written skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills;
Terms of service
The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. GDC offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects
How to Apply
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
Evidence of ongoing clearance is admissible subject to the satisfactory results (Presentation of the requisite documents from the relevant institution before the selection process)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
All applications should be received not later than twenty one (21) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.