Rotation Agroforestry Associate Manager Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, NGO Jobs, Management Jobs, OneAcre Fund Jobs
Serve as the agroforestry technical touch-point for a wide range of stakeholders, and directly support country teams on the implementation of strategic initiatives during 6-month to 1 year placements.
- Serve as the organization’s technical agroforestry expert. Technical expertise will ensure that teams are delivering the highest impact products possible in a socially and environmentally responsible fashion. As the authority on technical agroforestry matters, this role requires liaising with a large number of stakeholders, including: eight different country teams, the Agricultural Research Team, Business Development, and donors and external partners. Likely projects include: creating a Pest and Disease Management Guide; supporting country teams to develop improved training on planting and maintenance; and recommending diverse portfolios of trees based on Agro Ecological Zone and other context.
- Directly support country team operations during rotational assignments to country field offices that last from six months up to one year. This role will manage a suite of agroforestry trials with a goal to: diversify species and product offerings; improve program sustainability through increased efficiency and income generation; and improve training, marketing, and support services. This role will then use trial results to make recommendations regarding scale, and work with country team stakeholders to execute.
- Support organizational efforts to make agroforestry programs more efficient and effective. Likely projects for select countries include: developing business models for agroforestry products; oversee risk modeling, cost-benefit analyses and projections; and create learning platforms and systems that improve knowledge sharing across teams.
- Significant experience working in smallholder agroforestry.
- Strong educational background; Masters or PhD in Agroforestry or a closely related field.
- Field experience working in smallholder farmer agroforestry.
- A track-record of collaborating with, and communicating effectively to, a wide range of stakeholders.
- A track-record of implementation, taking projects from strategic to operational within a relatively short amount of time.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English required in all locations. Swahili especially helpful in Tanzania.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to follow this link: https://grnh.se/4b0fdee01
East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.
NB: Location is in Kakamega for 1 year, TBD Afterwards