Safety Officer Job at Trident Plumbers
Based in Isinya Kajiado County
Astral Industries Limited is a Private Limited Company, established in 2004 and incorporated in the year 2006. It is registered with the National Construction Authority (NCA).
Its business scope includes Manufacture of Plastic Tanks, Tank Structures, Panel tanks, Fuel Tanks, Hot water cylinder, Roof Structure, Trailers, and General fabricators and Regular Service maintenance.
The Company is well equipped with the latest equipment, its enormous potential and specialized staff has undertaken a large number of all sizes of Projects which include; multi-storey buildings, Residential buildings, Hotels, Schools, Colleges, Factories, Apartments, Hospitals, laboratories, Ware-houses, Social Buildings, External Water Reticulation tanks, Sprinkler Installations and all types of Fire Fighting systems tanks.
To-date all the services provided by Astral industries Ltd. have been of high standard and quality, satisfactory to all involved parties that include Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, various consultants, and the clients.
Job purpose summary:
We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OSHA) guidelines. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to OSHA regulations
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees
- Inspect premises and the work of employees to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time-related to the Safety in the factory.
Occupational Health & Safety:
To follow the factory set Safety standards, and adhere to all rules and regulations as set out by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and to take reasonable care at work so as not to put self or others at unnecessary risk.
We are looking for a well-organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- BSc/BA in Safety Management or Diploma in Safety Management relevant field is preferred.
- Accredited Certificate in occupational health and safety.
- 2 years’ experience as a safety officer or similar role.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates are required to send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.