Who We Are:
Astral Industries Limited is a Private Limited Company, established in 2004 and incorporated in the year 2006. It is registered with the National Construction Authority (NCA).
Its business scope includes Manufacture of Plastic Tanks, Tank Structures, Panel tanks, Fuel Tanks, Hot water cylinder, Roof Structure, Trailers, and General fabricators and Regular Service maintenance.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to OSHA regulations
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees
- Inspect premises and the work of employees to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time related to the Safety in the factory.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- BSc/BA in Safety Management or Diploma in Safety Management relevant field is preferred.
- Accredited Certificate in occupational health and safety.
- 2 years’ experience as a safety officer or similar role.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
How To Apply:
All qualified candidates are required to send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.