Section Head – Blood Bank Services Job at Aga Khan Hospital
Section Head Job Responsibilities
- Perform tests according to standard laboratory procedure and guidelines.
- Monitor turnaround time of results and manage referral specimens to other hospitals
- Responsible in all sections with the assistance of assigned Laboratory Technologist I
- Conduct competence evaluation test for Laboratory Technologist I
- Ensure maximum and cost-effective utilization of reagents and appropriate stocking of reagents and consumables through CARE 2000
- Participate in continuous medical education programmes of the department and regularly update the technologists with new and existing techniques
- Supervise the daily performance of laboratory technologists assigned to the section.
- Ensure compliances of all the daily quality assurance requirements in the sections
Requirements for the Section Head Job
- Higher Diploma or BSCI in Medical laboratory sciences
- Registered and licensed by KMLTTB
- Minimum of Six (6) years working experience as a laboratory Technologist, four (4) years of which one must have working experience in Blood bank services.
- High degree of administrative capability and good leadership skills
- Ability to write and review SOPs
- In depth knowledge regarding hospital wide quality initiatives ISO 15189 and JCIA will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting application is on 18th September, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”