Reporting To: The Operations Manager
Working With: Adeso Nairobi Team
Program/Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: One (1) year (Renewable)
Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. Currently, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Security Guard will be a full-time member of the Adeso staff, working with the team in Nairobi. S/he will report to the Operations Manager and will work closely with the Operations team. S/he will work with the Nairobi based team to ensure the safety and security of the office premises at all times.
Specific Roles And Responsibilities
- Responsible for security and safety of all equipment within Adeso’s premises.
- Should strictly adhere to the security protocol and be conversant with Adeso’s Security Policy.
- Protect Adeso staff and property from any kind of indulgent, harassment or direct attacks.
- Do a general surveillance of the compound once every hour during his shift on watch and keep an updated occurrence book, clearly indicating occurrences that are threat to the security of staff or premises.
- Maintain a register book for recording the details of persons visiting Adeso’s compound and report any non-compliant visitors the Line Manager.
- Keenly follow security related issues in the areas of operations and give advice to the Line Manager or staff on course of action.
- Should check that the security lights are turned off each morning and turned on every evening by filling a daily hand over report.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Operations Team.
Skills And Qualifications
- Basic literacy – reading and writing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as security personnel.
- Willingness to assume a range of anticipated tasks.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and respect towards colleagues, staff and the general Public.
- Previous security related training certificates.
- Excellent communication skills – Ability to keenly listen, interpret and analyse the information to action.
How To Apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Security Guard” in the email subject matter.
Each application should be addressed to HR Manager and include the following:
- An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and
- An application letter which should include cover letter, remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one’s background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.