Security Officer I Jobs, Security Jobs, Kenya Institute of Mass Communication Jobs
KIMC Grade 8
Ref No. KIMC/SO/6/2019
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.44, 159/= to 64,237/= excluding allowances.
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is the oldest Middle Level media training Institution in Kenya established in 1961. It is currently a State Corporation established through Legal Notice No.197 of 2011(amended). The Institute offers training at Post Graduate, Diploma and Certificate levels in Communication and Cinematic Arts.
The Institute is looking for qualified candidates for the following vacant position:-
- Planning and executing security arrangement as required by the Institute;
- Looking after all security arrangements in the Institute;
- Ensuring maintenance of law and order within the Institute;
- Liaising with police and other security agencies regarding security matters;
- Investigating criminal cases affecting the institute; and
- Facilitating and developing regular and special security training programmes in liaison with the relevant security agencies.
- Served in the grade of Security Officer II, or in a comparable position in the Public Service or Private Sector, for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Undergone a six (6) weeks Security Course at the CID training School or any other from a recognized Institute;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Shown merit, integrity and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
The Director/ CEO
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 9th July, 2019