Security Officer Job at Foundation Institute of Africa
DEPARTMENT: HR & Administration
SUPERVISOR: HR & Admin Manager
Responsibilities for the Security Officer Job
- Refers incidents including personal injuries, altercations, suspicious activities, rule violations, etc. to appropriate college personnel and/or police for the purpose of ensuring follow-up in accordance with administrative, college security and student safety guidelines.
- Responds to a variety of situations. accidents, injuries, vandalism, suspicious activities, alarms, etc.)For the purpose of taking the appropriate action to resolve immediate safety and/or security concerns.
- Responds to inquiries from students and parents regarding campus security issues for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
- Testifies in court proceedings for the purpose of providing information regarding alleged illegal activity.
- Transports students for the purpose of ensuring the individual’ arrival to specific destination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Uphold and exude high levels of integrity, professionalism and ethics, Interpreting and enforcing the implementation of security policies,
procedures and standards as required by the Authority;
- Conducting briefing and debriefing of field teams to capture lessons learnt;
- Ensuring maintenance of law and order within the College ;
- Liaising with police and other security agencies regarding security matters;
- Conducting due diligence for security service providers;
- Undertaking security intelligence collection, dissemination and
- Carrying out training and sensitization of staff on security and safety
- Ensuring appropriate security screening of visitors to College’s offices;
- Assisting in identifying training needs and implementation of relevant
- training for College staff
- Analyzing CCTV footage and access control systems, for correlation and
- Reporting of any possible infringements;
Security Officer Job Qualifications
- C- and above
- Certificate of good conduct
- Two years’ experience working with youth and adults in an organized setting with School Safety, law enforcement, or security work experience preferred.
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent
- interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive issues; and
- Demonstrated professional competence
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV and Cover letter to email@example.com with the position as a subject line on or before 20/9/2018.