Apart of the Balton CP group of companies headquartered in the United Kingdom and spread throughout Africa and Israel, Amiran Kenya provides complete solutions in all of its fields of expertise. Through decades of partnership with Kenya’s large and small scale growers, Amiran has become a “one stop shop” for all of Kenya’s agricultural needs.
The Seeds department at Balton Uganda continually introduces improved plant varieties and sell its seeds to vegetable growers all over Uganda and neighbouring countries. We tap into the rich diversity our leading suppliers offers us, and combine it with market knowledge and cutting edge product development. Our aim is to become the leader in this field of seeds and seeds distribution in Africa.
At Balton Uganda we treat our customers as partners, which is why we devote a lot of time and effort to sharing knowledge. We have a sizeable network of knowledge and contacts within the Balton CP group and our selected suppliers in the vegetable sector. Our agronomist team understands retail and sales of not only of seeds but the crop itself. This enables us to help retailers and other chain partners to ensure year-round availability of a high-quality product.
Balton Uganda primary objective is to offer employees an enjoyable and long-term job with attractive pay and conditions. In our company, everyone is given the freedom to demonstrate their entrepreneurial spirit. The typical Balton employee demonstrates engagement, loyalty and team spirit. Our continual growth means that we regularly have new vacancies for a wide range of different business processes.
We wish to identify: highly competent, proactive, dynamic and self-driven individual to fill the following position:
- Developing and implementing effective sales strategies.
- Leading sales team to achieve sales targets.
- Establish productive and effective relationships with key personal in assigned customer accounts.
- Negotiate and close agreements with large clients.
- Deal with the organization product development by carrying out trails and demo plots.
- Perform research to identify new markets and new clients.
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with client’s needs.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories: projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture or Horticulture or any related discipline.
- 5 years in sales, advantage to sales of seeds.
- Advantage to familiarity of fresh export crops.
- Good command of excel and Power Point.
- Driving license, minimum 2 years.
- Extensive traveling.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above should send their application and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the job title on the subject line.
Send your application to email@example.com by 28th February 2019 before 5:00 pm East African time. (Please note that Hard Copies will not be accepted)
Balton Uganda reserves the right to accept or reject any application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.