Job Reference Number: V/No. 15/2019
Terms of Service Three (3) years contract
For appointment to the position of Senior Accountant, an applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized University;
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA(K) or ACCA
- Have at least 7 years’ experience in Financial Management in a leading organization institution.
- Be proficient in computer applications with strong emphasis on data and financial management software.
- Knowledge and experience in Financial Management, ICT, Public Procurement and Facilities management;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution and be of high moral character, integrity and impartiality.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining good financial policies
- Managing the finance and accounting function;
- Preparation, maintenance, updating, analysing and reconciliation of a variety of accounting reports, financial statements, and other financial reports;
- Determines organizational requirements in regards to support services and assigns staff as needed to develop and maintain smooth operations of the Council;
- Manages the procurement function such as procuring equipment and supplies,
- Identifies needs for, establishes and directs the development of policies, standards, and work procedures affecting all financial and administrative operations;
- Establishes priorities, monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of resource utilization and value for money;
- Develops and implements methods to improve administrative and support services;
- Managing overall work process of the finance and administrative staff to ensure effective work assignment, supervision, and evaluation of staff performance reviews and development;
- Managing developing and motivating finance and administrative team to achieve the NCAJ Mission and objectives;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by:-
- Filing an Online Application for Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application:-
a) A letter of application,
b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity (if any), involvement as a party in litigation and involvement in political activity including financial contribution to political party parties (if any) and criminal record, legal professional engagement for the last five (5) years, three (3) professional referees and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment;
c) Certified copies of testimonials, professional certificates and academic transcripts.
d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority,
- Higher Education Loans Board,
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation,
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- a recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
3. (2) Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Employment Application Form JSC 2 for non –public officers and JSC 2A for Public officers which can be downloaded from www.judiciary.go.ke and attach all the documents cited in the item No. (a to d)above. Clearly indicating the Vacancy number and the title on the envelop.
TO: THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI Telephone: +254 20-2739180 E-mail: email@example.com Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza, Taifa Road, Nairobi CBD, Podium Floor
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies. The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 5TH MARCH 2019 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.