- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field from a recognized University and CPA(K);
- Be a member of recognized Professional Accounting body;
- Served progressively for five (5) years, three (3) of which should be an Accountant I or equivalent in a similar or reputable Institution;
- Have outstanding professional competence in Public Sector Financial Management;
- Be a person of integrity and good management skills;
- Have practical knowledge of ICT and ERP Accounting systems;
- Meet requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi- cultural and multi- ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect to diversity.
- Be a visionary result oriented and innovative thinker.
- Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Have firm, fair and transparent management style.
- Have demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills.
- Supervision of Staff in sections;
- Preparation of financial statements and accounts;
- Compiling of the University annual plan;
- Participate in budgetary control and administration;
- Review all the general ledgers reconciliations;
- Accounting for revenue of the University and ensuring students finance is properly managed.
- Participate in improving the system and processes in the department.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and submission of periodic financial reports.
- Responsible for the preparation of adhoc management reports for decision making.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
How to Apply
Applications in ten (10) copies, should be submitted together with a detailed curriculum vitae detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications/awards/scholarships/funding, membership of professional associations, linkages and community service; copies of relevant certificates, email address and telephone contacts.
Applicant must obtain clearance from Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission,
Kenya Revenue Authority, certificate of Good Conduct and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.
Applicants are required to give names, addresses and contacts of three (3) referees and should indicate on the envelope the Reference number and the position applied.
Applications for the position of Deputy Vice- Chancellor Research, Innovation and Extension, Deputy Finance Officer, Senior Internal Auditor and Senior Accountant should reach the Chairman of Council on the address indicated below on or before 5:00pm on 28th, January 2019.
The Chairman of Council,
Maasai Mara University
P.O. Box 861-20500
Maasai Mara University is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.