Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Analyze financial statements and records make adjustments where necessary.
- Reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- Prepare financial statements and participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into departmental budget setting process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles for Financial statements
- Record financial Information for analysis.
- Advise on procedure and Financial Management
- Prepare financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stockholders
- Liaise with the CFO, Financial Controller and Finance Manager to improve financial procedures.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
Requirements for the Senior Accountant Job
- Proven past experience as a senior accountant or accounting supervisor with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from any accredited University or Institution of learning.
- 4+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages is an added advantage
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven experience with SPV accounting, asset financing and inventory accounting
- Relevant certification will be added advantage(e.g. ACCA, CMA or CPA)Minimum Level 3
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment and with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3371”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3371 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 08 June 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.