Senior Assistant Director Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.97, 320 – Ksh. 130, 420 p.m. (Job Group ‘Q’)
- served for a cumulative period of Fifteen (15) years, an aggregate of at least three (3) years of which must have been in the grade of Assistant Director of Laboratory Services, Job Group ‘P’ and /or Principal Laboratory Analyst, Job Group ‘N’, or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Laboratory sciences ,Biomedical Sciences, Medical laboratory Technology ,Analytical/ Applied chemistry, Applied Biology, Biochemistry, Medical Laboratory Technology, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Food Science and Technology from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Biological sciences, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, Public Health, Biotechnology , Analytical Chemistry, Medical Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology, Epidemiology, Environmental Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Epidemiology and Disease Control, Biomedical Sciences, Infection and Disease Control, Population Health or Forensic Science, from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Program lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- shown outstanding managerial capabilities and demonstrated a high degree of professional competence required in managing laboratory services.
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- coordinating implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in delivery of laboratory services;
- initiating the establishment of new laboratories;
- ensuring safety of laboratory staff and environment;
- promoting adoption of new laboratory technologies;
- mentoring laboratory personnel;
- implementing policies, strategies and regulations;
- preparing work plans and Departmental budgets;
- implementing and maintaining laboratory operational standards;
- liaising with regional and international reference laboratories on laboratory findings; and
- evaluating laboratory service programmes.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 8th July 2019 (Latest 5.00PM)