Senior Assistant Office Administrator Jobs, Administration Jobs, EPZA Jobs
Job Title: Senior Assistant Office Administrator
Grade: EPZA 6
Department: Human Resource and Administration
Location / Work station: Administration Building, Viwanda Road
The job holder is responsible for engaging in general secretarial and office administrative duties.
- Supervise office assistants
- Perform general office tasks, plan and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Make travel arrangements and bookings for official travel.
- Draft and respond to general correspondence.
- Maintain office and equipment in good working conditions.
- Take charge of documents and files, including classified materials; Facilitate travel, diary management.
- Ensure general cleanliness of the office
- Receive and attend to visitors.
- Ensure security of the office, documents and equipment.
- Store, retrieve and integrate information for dissemination to staff and clients.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Office Management or related field from recognized Institution
- Diploma in Office Management/Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council; OR
- Business Education Single and Group Certificates (BES & GC) Stage I, II and III from the Kenya National Examinations Council
Professional Qualifications (KNEC)/ Membership to professional bodies
- Shorthand III (Minimum 110 wpm)
- Typewriting III (50 wpm)
- Computerized document processing III
- Business English III
- Communication II
- Commerce II
- Office Practice II
- Office Management III / Office administration management II
- Secretarial Duties II OR
- Higher Diploma in Secretarial studies from KNEC and
- Certificate in public relations course for (2 weeks) from KSG or other recognized institution
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Served in the grade of Office Administrator for a minimum period of three (3) years in the Public Service or comparable position from a recognized Institution;
Salary Scale for the position
Minimum basic Salary Kshs 43,302.00 Maximum basic salary Kshs 110,000.00
Total allowances 46,000.00
Successful candidate will enter the scale at basic salary of Kshs 43,302.00
How To Apply
Shortlisted candidates for interviews must fulfil the following requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the detailed job description and the Job Application Form (to be downloaded from the “careers” section at www.epzakenya.com) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial and National ID.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 26th August 2019 at midnight East Africa time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.