Senior Legal Counsel, Commercial Jobs, Legal Jobs, Banking Jobs, KCB Bank Jobs
Reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel, Commercial – this role manages an assigned portfolio in contracting, provision of legal opinions and research, probate administration, legal awareness training, and other related legal commercial services.
- Preparation and management of contracts including leases and other general commercial law issues.
- Contract Management: drive contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of negotiation process, review and contract execution.
- Product gate process management including participation of tender opening activities, supplier evaluation and business project initiatives.
- Support in contract negotiation and collaborate with business teams on developing effective relationships with contractors and vendors
- Legal opinions and research: opinions/guidance in respect of commercial contracts being negotiated and signed as well as legal and commercial requirements of all product implementation.
- Legal awareness training as appropriate on commercial legal issues
- Probate Administration: oversee administration of probate accounts.
- Data management and reporting on statistics
- Any other duties assigned.
- Degree in Law (LL.B) from a recognized university
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Advocate of the High Court.
- 5 years post admission experience.
- Experience in legal drafting, corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution and legal risk management.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 28th June 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable