Senior Deputy Commissioner For Labour Jobs, HR Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.130,420– Ksh.193,410 p.m. (Job Group ‘S’)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement
- served for a cumulative period of eighteen (18) years, an aggregate of at least three (3) years of which should have been in the grade of Deputy Commissioner for Labour, Job Group ‘R’ and/or Senior Assistant Commissioner for Labour, Job Group ‘Q’, or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management/Development, Law, Business Administration, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Statistics, Labour Relations or Industrial Relations from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Labour Relations, Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management or Development or Planning, Law, Business Administration, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Statistics, Labour and Development Studies, Public Administration or International Relations from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than least six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- professional competence and be thoroughly conversant with labour administration, labour laws and international labour organisation and internal organisation of migration instruments, and the ability to integrate them to Kenya Vision 2030.
The Senior Deputy Commissioner for Labour shall be responsible to the Labour Secretary/Commissioner. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- initiate formulation of labour policies and programmes;
- implementing departmental policies and programmes on the administration and enforcement of the Labour Laws;
- handling matters related to International Labour Organization (ILO) and International Organization for Migration(IOM), East Africa Community (EAC), African Union (AU), World Trade Organisation (WTO), Intergovernmental Authority for Development (IGAD) on matters related to Labour;
- liaising with social partners, other arms of Government and relevant agencies on all labour related issues;
- advising on negotiation and consultative machinery on social dialogue between employer and employee relations;
- advising on desirable measures to be taken for creation of employment opportunities, maintenance of industrial peace and development of Labour Market information systems for employment promotion;
- responsible for overseeing the financial and assets management of the department;
- providing overall supervision, training and development of departmental staff; and
- facilitating implementation of departmental programmes and policies on the administration and enforcement of the Labour Laws.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 8th July 2019 (Latest 5.00PM)