Senior Deputy Director Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
POST V/NO. 56/2019
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 166,780 – Ksh. 322,040 p.m. (Job Group ‘T’)
Terms of Service: Permanent or Local Agreement
- Served for a cumulative period of at least eighteen (18) years, three (3) of which must have been at the grade of Deputy Director of Medical Services II /Chief Medical Specialist (Job Group ‘R’) and above or in comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following fields: Anesthesia, Cardiothoracic Surgery; Dermatology, Ear, Nose and Throat, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Microbiology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics and Child Health, , Pathology, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Psychiatry, Radiology, Health Systems Management, Health Economics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Global Health Policy, Public Health Microbiology and Emerging Infectious Diseases or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- a valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board; and
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capacity as reflected in work performance.
Possession of a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be considered as an added advantage.
- provide strategic leadership and ensuring excellence in provision of clinical and administrative services;
- enhance collaboration and engagement with stakeholders and partners in support of development of the hospital;
- ensure continuous improvement of the quality and value of services and products provided by the hospital;
- overseeing provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services;
- facilitating implementation of research findings to improve quality of service delivery;
- coordinating and providing specifications for procurement of health commodities;
- ensure adherence to health standards and guidelines;
- mobilize resources and promoting partnership and collaboration with government agencies and development partners in promotion of health programmes and projects;
- monitoring and evaluating provision of health services at all levels; and
- coordinating capacity building and performance management.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- (ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100