Senior Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs, IPOA Jobs
The Senior Legal Officer will be responsible to the Head of Legal Services through the Principal Legal Officer.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Handling complex litigation cases and provide adequate representation of IPOA in civil and criminal Court Proceedings;
- Carrying out comprehensive analysis of evidence, which includes evaluation of evidence gathered in the course of investigations and to prepare legal reports and briefs;
- Carrying out research into legal issues pertinent to the operations of the Authority;
- preparing statutory performance and annual reports in liaison with Heads of other departments of the Authority;
- Undertaking conveyancing and provide legal advice to the Authority on all aspects thereof;
- Handling matters pertaining to the preparation of cases for prosecution and oversee the prosecution thereof;
- Liaising with the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution and other relevant State Agencies;
- Undertaking any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Post graduate Diploma in legal studies;
- Registered as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of either Legal Officer or for a period of six (6) years in Legal services, in the Public Service or Private Sector post admission experience in Law as a legal practitioner/academician or judicial officer;
- Knowledge and experience in a law enforcement environment will be an added advantage; and
- Certificate in computer application skills;
Required behavioural skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive issues;
- Demonstrated professional competence; and
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications.
All applicants MUST attach valid/current clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, on both the cover letter and envelope, together with IPOA Employment Application Form (available: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/ ), a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Friday, 12th July, 2019 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Locals from Turkana County are encouraged to apply for the Complaints Management Officer II position above.
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.