Senior Monitoring Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs, IPOA Jobs
The Senior Monitoring Officer will be responsible to the Principal Monitoring Officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Monitoring detention facilities under the Control of the service;
- Monitoring policing operations affecting members of the public;
- Preparing timely and accurate monitoring reports;
- Doing follow ups on monitoring recommendations; and
- Providing rapid response action during eventualities.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Public Administration, Criminology & Criminal Justice, Sociology, Political Science, Human Rights, Social Sciences, recognized military or police degree or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Monitoring Officer or six (6) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Required behavioural skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
All applicants MUST attach valid/current clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, on both the cover letter and envelope, together with IPOA Employment Application Form (available: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/ ), a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Friday, 12th July, 2019 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Locals from Turkana County are encouraged to apply for the Complaints Management Officer II position above.
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.