Senior Operations Officer Jobs, Administration Jobs, Mercy Corps Jobs
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Program / Department Summary: The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions. The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary: The Senior Operations Officer will provide operational support and coordination of activities designed to meet program objectives across the program implementation countries for the CREATE program funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office through the Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) program.
S/he will support with the development of necessary guidelines for the program’s operational needs to ensure full integration with Mercy Corps systems in the respective MC implementing country offices.
The program will work in Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mozambique and Uganda and the individual will be expected to support the to field offices of the program implementation.
- Liaise with the respective Mercy Corps operation teams in the implementing field countries i.e. Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda to ensure smooth facilitation of travel and accommodation in the respective countries in line with existing structures and services providers.
- Work with local sub grantee organizations to ensure that they are aware of and using the appropriate Mercy policies and train them as necessary on gaps identified.
- Coordinate processing of visas in the implementing countries for the program team and visitors.
- Coordinate logistics and planning for program events, activities, meetings and workshops in coordination with the respective country procurement teams, organizers and MC program teams.
- Coordinate the identification and setup of field offices as may be required.
- Ensure maintenance of assets and inventory dedicated to the program in liaison with the respective country offices as per the asset management policy.
- Coordinate and facilitate procurement activities for the program in the respective country offices following the proper Mercy Corps and donor policies to meet program objectives.
- Facilitate the identification of providers in Mozambique (where MC does not have presence currently) for ground travel, accommodation and conferencing facilities as well as manage all relevant Mercy Corps operations systems and policies in Mozambique.
- Build the capacity of all Mercy Corps program team members to ensure they are conversant with procurement procedures and thresholds.
- Work with country procurement teams to maintain procurement, administration and other relevant records within existing systems and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Finance departments to ensure that payments to vendors and service providers are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure program team members comply to the Field and Global security policies including security Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs)/protocols.
- Ensure safety and security protocols are communicated to the program team and visitors including any potential security threats and work with respective country Security Focal Points to facilitate incident reporting and analysis as may be required.
- Develop all the security related documents and safety SoPs (in line with MC policies and templates) for Mozambique.
- Ensure that program teams are oriented on the respective implementing countries’ security plans and procedures.
- Ensure all program team members and visitors are provided with a security briefing when transiting across the implementing countries.
- Work with the respective implementing country Security Focal Points to maintain security information for the program and register and track employee movement across the field offices.
- Operations Officer, Mombasa
- Reports Directly To: MC Kenya Operations Manager with a dotted coordination line to the Program Team Lead as this role is dedicated to the program
- Works Directly With: The Program team, MC implementing countries operation teams, Finance team, and implementing partner organizations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related discipline.
- Professional qualification and certification in Procurement and Supply Chain from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- 4 – 5 years relevant experience in operational coordination and support functions with an international non-governmental organization.
- Demonstrated hands on application of procurement process and procedures.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to multitask, follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Willingness to learn Mercy Corps systems and procedures (particularly Mercy Corps procurement systems) is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel to field locations and operate comfortably in these areas.
Success Factors: A successful Senior Operations Officer will have the ability to maintain high integrity in performing assigned responsibilities and act as the intermediary between program and operations staff to ensure smooth process flow. S/he will have the ability to work with diverse teams, think on his/her feet and solve problems while maintaining a balance between program implementation and compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies. S/he will be an experienced master coordinator.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor).
Please do not attach any certificates.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com on or before 15th November, 2019.
The email subject line must clearly indicate the job title for the position.
Applications will be reviewed by the hiring team on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: We do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process