Senior Personal Secretary Job at National Gender and Equality Commission
The National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of: Senior Personal Secretary, Driver, Office Assistant for Malindi and Kitui Regional offices and Personal Aide.
Terms of Service: 5-Year Contract Renewable Subject To Performance
Other Benefits: Medical Cover, Group Life Insurance And WIBA
Requirements for the Senior Personal Secretary Job
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Have served in the grade of Senior Personal Secretary or comparable position in the public sector for minimum period of three (3) years;
- Possess a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Possess the following qualifications from the Kenya
- National Examination Council:-
- Typewriting III (minimum 50 w.p.m)/computerized document processing III
- Shorthand III (100 w.p.m)
- Business English III/Communication II
- Commerce II
- Secretarial Duties II
- Office Practice II
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III
- Certificate in computer applications (windows, MS-word, MS-excel, MS access and internet) from a recognized institution and
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Senior Personal Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Recording dictation is shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form;
- Typing from drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines;
- Processing data and operating office equipment;
- Attending to visitors and clients;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments;
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents including classified materials; and
- Preparing responses to simple routine correspondences.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements to submit their applications together with :
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of National Identity Card and
- Fill in the employment form provided and attach Certified copies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts and any other relevant supporting documents. The form can be downloaded from the Commission’s website www.ngeckenya.org
All applicants should attach a copy of the letter of appointment to their substantive post showing current position and salary;
Applicants should submit three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts.
Please Note that:
- The Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disabilities, Youth, People from Marginalized groups and Minority communities who meet the requirements of the advertised job are especially encouraged to apply.
- The Commission does not ask for any money nor ask applicants to undergo medical examination.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and will be required to provide clearance from KRA, CID, EACC, HELB and CRB
- It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- A candidate who applies online must scan and attach all the required documents.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Commisson Secretary/CEO
National Gender and Equality Commission
Solution Tech Building, Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P O Box 27512-00506
Email to: email@example.com
Please clearly indicate the job reference number on the subject line and on the envelope.
To reach the Commission on or before 22nd October, 2018.