Senior Principal Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.84,080 – Ksh. 112,660 p.m. (Job Group ‘P’)
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Principal Laboratory Technologist, Job Group ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Diploma in any of the following fields:- Applied sciences (Analytical/Applied chemistry, Biology), Medical laboratory Technology, Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology from a recognized institution;
- a Higher Diploma in any of the following:- Applied Sciences (Analytical/Applied Chemistry, Biology), Medical Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Chemistry, Parasitology, Haematology, Histology and Cytology or Biological Sciences, from a recognized institution;
- a Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated professional and managerial capabilities in work performance and results.
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- liaising and collaborating with regional and international reference laboratories and research institutions for exchange of Laboratory findings;
- coordinating safe laboratory waste disposal;
- managing laboratory supplies;
- facilitating technical evaluation for laboratory supplies/equipment standards;
- providing technical advice on bio-security matters;
- ensuring adherence to good laboratory practice; and
- implementing and maintaining laboratory operations standards (ISO 17025).
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 8th July 2019 (Latest 5.00PM)