Senior Principal Occupational Therapist Jobs, Occupational Therapist Jobs, Medical jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE, MTRH 5- 1 POSITION
Formulate, review and interpret occupational therapy policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. Manage Occupational Therapy services at all levels of care. Provide holistic preventive, promotive, rehabilitative and palliative care using occupational therapy process in physical disabilities, paediatrics, sensory integration, mental health, geriatrics, ergonomics, home based care, school health, specialized driver assessment, speech facilitation, hand therapy and neuro developmental therapy.
Carry-out clients educational, functional and vocational assessments and formulating necessary interventions. Advocate and promote health education in the area of disability. Carrying out research on trends and emerging issues in occupational therapy. Assess occupational therapy students on clinical attachment. Form collaborations and partnerships in support of occupational therapy activities, monitor and evaluate occupational therapy programmes and projects at the hospital.
Senior Principal Occupational Therapist responsibilities include:
- Formulating, reviewing and interpreting occupational therapy policies,
procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Planning, coordinating and evaluating the provision of occupational therapy
- Undertaking research;
- Providing consultancy services;
- Strategic planning;
- Ensuring availability of supplies and equipment;
- Verifying and maintaining information relating to patients;
- Curriculum development and implementation;
- Performance management;
- Maintaining quality>standards; and
- Supervising, training, guiding, counselling and-mentoring students and staff
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- Masters degree in any of the following fields: Occupational Therapy, Gerontology, Hand Therapy, Community Health and Development, Clinical Psychology, Occupational Health and Safety or Mental Health or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks
from a recognized institution.
- Certificate of Registration with Kenya Occupational Therapist Association.
- Current practicing license from the Kenya Occupational Therapist Association (KOTA).
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and rr^pagement.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.