Senior Project Appraisal Officer Jobs, EPZA Jobs
Job Title: Senior Project Appraisal Officer
Grade: EPZA 6
Directorate: Investment Promotion and Corporate Communications
The job holder is responsible for Projects Appraisals pipeline and for conducting the initial assessment to ensure applications are well completed, and all required documentation is availed.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports
- Supervise, mentor and coach staff
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Assist investors on the EPZA applications process and ensure that the required information and documentation is prepared in accordance with the set guidelines.
- Meet prospective investors to advice on EPZA policies, procedures and guidelines for licensing.
- Respond to investor enquiries with regard to project appraisals.
- Generate practice notes on emerging issues in the practice of project appraisals for industrial development.
- Provide reports and analysis on pending applications highlighting any emerging issues for EPZA management’s attention.
- Screen serious investment proposals prior to licensing and obtain any additional requirements before project is appraised.
- Liaise with all relevant agencies and EPZA staff on issues related to individual applications, including but not limited to site inspections, due diligence and research support.
- Analyse applications with respect to EPZA policies and criteria, and prepare initial approval recommendations.
- Monitor the progress of investor applications and licences within the EPZA approval and issuing systems, and continue liaison with the investor until the relevant EPZA decisions have been conveyed.
- Ensure expeditious facilitation of the implementation of new investments.
- Bachelors degree in Project Management, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce, or any related field from a recognized Institution;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Supervisory Course from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency
- Meets the provision of chapter six of the Constitution
Previous relevant work experience required
- Have three (3) years’ experience in the position Project Appraisal Officer or comparable position in the Public Service or reputable Institution;
Salary Scale for the position
Minimum basic Salary Kshs 43,302.00 Maximum basic salary Kshs 110,000.00
Total allowances 46,000.00
Successful candidate will enter the scale at basic salary of Kshs 43,302.00
How To Apply
Shortlisted candidates for interviews must fulfil the following requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the detailed job description and the Job Application Form (to be downloaded from the “careers” section at www.epzakenya.com) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial and National ID.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 26th August 2019 at midnight East Africa time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.