Senior Project Officer Job at Care International
Planning & implementation of Climate change Governance project milestones
- Be directly involved in project implementation in the targeted areas/counties together with the
County government, community structures leading to impact and quality results in Climate
Change Governance project activity implementations
- Ensure timely management and resource utilization in line with the developed Annual and
Quarterly work plans.
- Support the Policy & Advocacy Manager in Planning, and implementation of the project
activities resulting in achievement of targets and milestones.
- Build capacity of the established institutions for climate change governance at County, Ward
and Community levels in liaison with the Manager.
Partnership development & Coordination, Representation & Liaison with County and the Community and other actors
- Conduct stakeholder mapping to identify relevant key stakeholders/partners at the County,
community in relation to climate change governance.
- Build capacity of identified stakeholders to strengthen inclusive and responsive social process
that brings together all actors for improved climate change governance.
- Establish working relationships and serve as a field representative with County government,
grass root organizations, private sector and civil society organizations in line with approved
budget, milestones, work plans and log frame.
- Establish regular coordination meetings/forums with the County government structures,
communities and other stakeholders for knowledge and information sharing on climate change
governance, participatory planning & budgeting, climate finance accountability etc.
- Attend key coordination meetings with the other partners in relation to Climate change
governance as need arises in the County of operation.
Establishment & operationalization of County Climate Change Fund
- Together with the Policy & Advocacy Manager, support the review and development of project
protocol for the establishment of County Climate Change Funds (CCCFs)
- Strengthen institutional capacity of Climate Change Councils to manage the County funds.
- Support the development of Evaluation and feedback protocols for sustainability of the CCCFs.
Project Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support in building a monitoring mechanism for activities implemented in the project including
the project baseline survey and End of Project Evaluation.
- Conduct regular field monitoring and reporting on project indicators as outlined in the Project
Logframe (Outputs and Outcomes) in liaison with the MEAL Coordinator.
- Ensure that data is made available for periodic and timely reporting on monthly, bi-annual and
annual reports for planned activities to ensure compliance with recommended guidelines,
formats and standards.
- Draft and submit timely monthly reports to the Policy & Advocacy Manager for consolidation in
readiness for submission to the donor (DFID) as outlined in the project IPIA.
- Document most significant change (MSC) stories as part of Impact documentation of the project
progress and achievements.
Maintenance of Resources
- Adhere to internal financial controls, policies, procedures and functioning to facilitate the
Climate Change governance project activities as per donor regulations.
- Submit relevant information to the program support team, to ensure timely payments of services
provided at the field level.
- Ensure prudent use of Organization resources and assets at your disposal to ensure efficient and
effective delivery of project activities and consequently project impact.
- As deemed relevant and necessary within the Climate Change governance project and other duties
as assigned by the Policy & Advocacy Manager, Sector Manager and other Senior Management
- Team members of the Organization
- Required education: Bachelor’s degree
- Required relevant work experience: 5 years
- Required skills: Project management; Stakeholder communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
How To Apply:
To apply, follow this link.