Senior Security Officer Jobs, Security Jobs, IPOA Jobs
The Senior Security Officer will be responsible to the Head of Security.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Interpreting and enforcing the implementation of security policies, procedures and standards as required by the Authority;
- Conducting briefing and debriefing of field teams to capture lessons learnt;
- Ensuring maintenance of law and order within the Authority;
- Liaising with police and other security agencies regarding security matters;
- Conducting due diligence for security service providers;
- Undertaking security intelligence collection, dissemination and investigations;
- Carrying out training and sensitization of staff on security and safety procedures;
- Ensuring appropriate security screening of visitors to Authority`s offices;
- Assisting in identifying training needs and implementation of relevant training for IPOA staff
- Coordinating the issuance of access instruments to all IPOA staff;
- Conducting liaison and security reconnaissance in high risk environment, to inform subsequent deployment;
- Assisting in conducting research to determine levels of security satisfaction by the staff;
- Assisting in reviewing security policy and procedures to enhance security of the Authority personnel and resources;
- Analysing CCTV footage and access control systems, for correlation and reporting of any possible infringements;
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology or any other related and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Undergone six (6) weeks approved security investigation course at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Training School or Military Police Training School or any other related and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Served in the grade of Security Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years in IPOA or six (6) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector;
- Attended a Management Course lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Required behavioural skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive issues; and
- Demonstrated professional competence.
All applicants MUST attach valid/current clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, on both the cover letter and envelope, together with IPOA Employment Application Form (available: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/ ), a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Friday, 12th July, 2019 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Locals from Turkana County are encouraged to apply for the Complaints Management Officer II position above.
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.