Who We Are:
The United Nations Human Settlements Program, UN-HABITAT, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The vacancy is located in the Information and Communication Technology Unit (ICT), Office of Management, UNHABITAT
- University Degree from a recognized institute in computer science, software engineering or related field;
- At least five years in the design and implementation of complex web-based systems using Microsoft SharePoint, MS SQL, ASP.net, C# and Java., and analytical and web design skills.
- Good writing Skills and fluency in English are required
- Working experience or knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is a plus.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of Relational Database systems, SQL, SharePoint development, and relevant programming languages and the ability to use these programming skills to develop information systems. Knowledge of system development workflow and document flow processes, ability to conduct research and gather information from a wide variety of standard and non-standard sources.
- Client Orientation: Attention to organizational needs and user requirements to ensure that finished systems are user, not technology, driven.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; Is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit.
How To Apply:
All applications should be submitted to:
Mr Kamal Naim
P.O. Box 30030, 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
The application should include;
- Cover memo (maximum 1 page)
- CV in the PHP format, accessible through the INSPIRA website (inspira.un.org) Please note, if using INSPIRA for the first time, you need to register in order to activate your account, which will allow you to log in and create a personal History Profile.
- The PHP should be attached to the application as a PDF file.
- Cover memo (maximum 1 page)
- Summary CV (maximum 2 pages), indicating the following information:
-Educational Background (incl. dates)
-Professional Experience (assignments, tasks, achievements, duration by years/ months)
-Other Experience and Expertise (e.g. Internships/ voluntary work, etc.)
-Expertise and preferences regarding location of potential assignments
-Expectations regarding remuneration
Please also be advised that since April 15th 2010, applicants for consultancies must be part of the UN-HABITAT e-Roster in order for their application to be considered. You can reach the e-Roster through the following link: http://e-roster.unhabitat.org
UN-HABITAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org