Senior Strategy Officer Job at Lee & Myles
Our client is a serviced and co-working office space provider in Nairobi and are looking for extremely smart, strategic and result oriented person to drive business growth.
The ideal candidate is also an operations superstar who will take complete charge of finance, administration, HR, business development and general operations. As an ideal candidate, you’ll work under performance contract and fully responsible for business excellence and profitability. The SSO directly supervises accountants, business development manager and operations manager.
Salary: Ksh 120,000 – 150,000
Provide and promote efficient and Professional Overall Financing and support services
Senior Strategy Officer Job Responsibilities
The jobholder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows;
Own the preparation, analysis, and communication of monthly management accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows for multiple companies
- Preparing and making bank deposits from Members payments
- Managing the issuing of invoices via the Office RND and taking payments.
- Supporting the Accountant in the maintenance of accurate financial records and reporting on QuickBooks
- Following up on invoices to ensure prompt payments
- Rechecking that details in RND are correct, the right price plan is selected and teams are created.
- Preparation of monthly re-forecast for the business in conjunction with department managers
- Maximizing business revenue by implementing attentive cost control measurements, using commercial flair to proactively promote all that the hub has to offer.
- Assessment and analysis of Forecast against annual budgets
- Assistance with Board Assistant reporting to investors – including cash flows by suppliers
- Lead reporting for property management including historical rents versus targets, setting room rates targets, managing rent forecast, reporting occupancy rates, and overseeing collection of overdue rents
- Coordinating with the Business Development Manager to improve the results of the business such as maximising gross margin
- Overseeing Bank Reconciliation with the accountant including management of bank account information etc.
- Overseeing the review and submission of monthly payroll as prepared by the accountant
- Overseeing submission of monthly VAT returns and filed through our accountant, with implementation of quarterly reconciliations
- Develop and implement appropriate financial controls throughout the business
- Supervise the accountant to build and improve the short and long term performance
- Establishing the strategic direction of the team and the business, devising, leading and implementing overall sales and marketing directives, as well as strategies for further business growth.
- Conducting regular analysis on business performance to shed light on the effectiveness of internal processes and sales strategies to increase business productivity.
- Collaborating and Coordinating with internal stakeholders, to implement best practices in response to evolving business needs
Requirements for the Senior Strategy Officer Job
- B. Sc. Finance or equivalent
- CPA (K) or ACCA professional qualifications
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as Finance Manager or equivalent position.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing a profit center and having full oversight of P&L, operations, staffing, administration and general management.
- Energetic with excellent business prowess and acumen.
- Deep understanding of general business management and administration
- Experience working with Board of Director and External investors.
- Experience in prudent resource allocation under strict and lean budget environment to generate maximum ROI.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are advised to send their applications with the latest CV clearly indicated reasons why you should be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your applications should reach us not later than 31st October 2018. Quote “SENIOR STRATEGY OFFICER” in your email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.