The Role In Brief
Our Supply Chain team brings materials from around the world to our factory, where they’re crafted into furniture that make thousands of families happy. Moko’s Senior Supply Chain Manager will grow our supply chain apace with the company’s product development and manufacturing plans. You’ll manage and grow a strategic global supplier network and ensure systems and processes are in place to meet growing procurement needs.
Lead Supply Chain Growth and Development
- Ensure supply chain systems, processes and team capacity are apace with company growth
- Proactively grow the company’s supplier network for key materials to mitigate risk and keep pace with growing demand; identify and attend relevant trade fairs and conduct overseas factory visits
- Keep up-to-date with global market changes relevant to our key product lines
- Develop sourcing plans to accommodate increasingly complex sales and manufacturing needs
Ensure Continuous Cost Optimization
- Regularly identify and evaluate opportunities for reducing costs while maintaining high level of quality
- Identify and evaluate new suppliers for existing products in search of enhanced value for money
Oversee the day-to-day Supply Chain Management
- Manage a small team responsible for global and local procurement, sourcing and import functions
- Ensure appropriate targets are in place and are being consistently met by the supply chain team
Career Growth + Compensation
You’ll join the leadership team of one of East Africa’s most successful growth-stage companies, playing a key role in our development into a major enterprise. You’ll learn first-hand how a thriving venture is operated, with opportunity to expand your skills and responsibilities as your team and our company grow.
We believe this distinct and rare experience is the most valuable benefit we offer new leaders who join our team. In addition to this, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits package benchmarked against lean mid-sized companies.
- Sourcing and supply chain management experience coordinating a variety of suppliers
- Strong working knowledge of import/export practices and regulations
- Experience sourcing finished or semi-finished products; experience with contract manufacturing or sourcing for manufacture an advantage
- Strong people management skills and the ability to develop and manage key external relationships
- A well-developed analytical ability and high level of attention to detail
- Eagerness to join a quickly-growing organization and team
How To Apply
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form.