Senior System Administrator Job at Recours Four
Reports To: Chief Executive officer
Our client is the leading registry company charged with the sole responsibility of administering, managing and operating the dotKE domains in Kenya. They are seeking a System Administrator who will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The SA will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Senior System Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Managing the registry system
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluate, create, change, and delete user accounts per request and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs.
- Planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness and reporting on projects
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
- Researching, installing new systems and configure systems that supports .ke Registry infrastructure applications.
- Guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision
Qualifications for the Senior System Administrator Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience of Network & System administration
- Must have Cisco certifications (CCNA,CCNP)
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching with Cisco routers, switches, WiFi, and firewalls
- Must be conversant with Unix, Linux, Windows server, Network administration, IP,DHCP, routing, Database administration on SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Postgress
- Experience with Active directory administration
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and team skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 4th October 2018. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements. Please indicate you current and expected salary while sending your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited