Reporting to the Principal Mechanical Engineer ( Lifting and Transfer Equipment), the job holder is responsible for co-ordination of all departmental shift activities involving equipment assigned in Authority operation zones and ensuring that there is optimum equipment availability in line with departmental objectives.
- Controlling work in shift.
- Liaising with operations for resources mobilization (Shift).
- Carrying out deadline monitoring work compilation and settlement of work maintenance orders.
- Evaluating equipment maintenance.
- Preparing equipment availability reports.
- Providing information on equipment specifications as per requirement.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Be registered as an Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
- Be a valid member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in shift management with at least three (3) years served at supervisory level.
- Knowledge in Port Operations and Equipment will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Apply here for the Senior Engineer (Shift) Job
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.