Shift Engineer Mechanical Job at Reeds Africa
Our client a leading manufacturer of consumer goods in East Africa is looking to hire a Shift Engineer Mechanical.
The primary task for this position is planning and coordinating mechanical engineering services provided to production and assisting in projects to ensure machine availability and deliver quality products as per the key deliverables.
Shift Engineer Mechanical Job Responsibilities
- Implement procedures and processes to ensure compliance of the Integrated Management System (Quality, EMS, OHS) and regulatory standards.
- Implementing TPM plans and monitoring the activities in the engineering and production areas, and provide the MTBF and MTTR monthly report for his respective allocated Value stream.
- Coordinating and supervising both preventive and predictive machine maintenance activities to ensure availability of the machines for production within the plant.
- Training engineering team to improve competencies, and therefore ensure safe repairs and maintenance activities, high quality of maintenance work and improve analysis of issues.
- Coordinate with Engineering spares for maintaining the critical spares and managing the Inventory of regular consumables.
- In liaison with the project teams, carry out installation and commissioning of new machines including monitoring performance and carrying out corrective measures & Learning the operations. Executing the departmental strategy through processes and procedures/standard achieve the institutions objectives- Ensure All safeties of the m/c are in proper working condition, always creating a safe working environment for the operators and the staff of the allocated responsible value stream.
- Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor for any matters arising regarding the mechanical activities within the plant by daily report
- Responsible for talent management in the department including coaching, mentoring, developing, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Deliver maximum availability of the machinery and equipment in the plant and increasing MTBF
- Ensure repairs and maintenance carried out at highest standards of safety and quality to improve machine performance, and reduce rework/reject production during operation
- Coordinate engineering team activities, to have highest impact on EBITDA of the business, by prioritizing based on business and production plans.
- Reduce cost of repairs and maintenance by ensuring works is done first time right, and analyzing areas of high cost, developing corrective and preventive actions for this.
Qualifications for the Shift Engineer Mechanical Job
- Should have Higher Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Should have a Knowledge in Pneumatics & Hydraulics.
- At-least 5-year relevant experience in food Manufacturing industry.
- Should have Supervisory, Engineering, Analytical, Employee Relation and Lean Management Skills
- Should be Customer Centric and Curious towards the job
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 5th October 2018 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted