Shopper Marketing Manager Job at East African Breweries Ltd
EABL operates within a multi-cultural, multinational, multi-currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: KBL, EAML, CGI and UBL. KBL is further categorised into Demand and Supply. The Supply business is involved in production of beer and spirits. The Demand business is involved in marketing and pushing the product to consumers.
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. The KAM is the high level contact between KBL and it’s key accounts and will be the “Push” Element in driving profits/NSV, volumes / brand growth. Role is also pivotal in driving trade innovation & creativity in key channels. The role has no contact and interaction with distributors and deals with off trade and future consumption.
This role is responsible for the creation of all the must-have and focus Brand Shopper Marketing growth drivers across all beer brands for KBL. This role will lead a team of 4 to develop the most efficient and effective Industry leading Shopper Marketing Growth Drivers. The growth drivers developed must grow our share, but also drive equity and penetration growth. The role requires the individual to transform our growth drivers to be ‘channel’ ready. There is a requirement in this role to develop growth drivers that deliver against all aspects of the ‘path to purchase’ and not just at the ‘Moment of choice’
Shopper Marketing Manager Job Responsibilities
- Working very closely with brand teams, and starting with strong insights, this role leads the creation of high quality and scalable single brand Shopper Marketing growth drivers for execution. The creation is for all beer categories & priority brands & innovations
- Delivers Inspiration and Toolkits that are ‘Channel Ready’ across countries for Execution
- Working with, and managing Agencies to set eh highest standards and deliver the very latest and best Shopper Marketing work in the Industry
- Deliver tools that conform to the developed NGM Physical Availability principles, covering the full Path to Purchase, and in accordance with the M&E learnings
- This role will also control the flexible resourcing work plan across all Shopper Marketing and Category Asset Creation teams. As part of this the role will take budgetary responsibility for ‘creation’, and the selection of appropriate agencies and the agency model we use
With the change in structure the role and scope of the Shopper team will change and as part of this the incumbent will play a key role in setting out and defining the new responsibilities and ways of working.
- The Shopper Marketing Single brand ‘Create’ budget
- Indirectly the activation money spent on Shopper Marketing/BTL execution.
Qualifications for the Shopper Marketing Manager Job
- Strong Consumer Marketing Experience/skills, and a clear understanding of the Commercial requirements for brilliant execution
- People Management & Coaching Expertise
- Stakeholder management and influencing at all levels, across Marketing & Sales teams, to align on consistent TTL plans executed brilliantly at scale.
Top 3 leadership capabilities for this role:
- Win Through Execution – ensure join up between the Shopper Team and the Brand Team, and in particular the Category team who will sign off the ‘Channel Readiness’.
- Inspire Through Purpose– provide context & insight for the team to act on, and for the Countries to execute brilliantly against.
- Shape the future – ability to make sure our Shopper Marketing is Industry leading – a benchmark for others. Ability to look beyond the traditional ‘Shopper Marketing’ and understand and develop the tools to win along the Path to Purchase.
What would you need to demonstrate to be successful in this role?
- Brilliant Consumer and Shopper Marketing Skills
- Fantastic People Management Skills.
- A track record of Thought Leadership.
What would we expect you to develop in this role?
- Wide-ranging influencing skills
- Sizeable People and Strategic Leadership
- A strong profile within senior circles in the business
How to Apply