While reporting to the Digital Chief Sub-Editor, the job holder will use the Corporation’s social media strategy in order to boost visibility and customer / client engagement by maintaining new marketing campaigns, brand promotions, monitor progress using web analytic tools, and answer directly to social media inquiries, while using the Corporation’s guidelines. He/she will continuously generate content for the company, creating new ideas and campaigns.
Three (3) years contract renewable subject to positive performance output.
- Building and executing social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages viewers and listeners to take action
- Setting up and optimizing the Corporation’s pages within each platform to increase the visibility of Corporation’s social content
- Moderating all user-generated content in line with the Organization’s Social Media Policy
- Continuously improving by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborating with other Departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communication, Marketing,/IT/PR or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in Social Media marketing or as a Digital Media specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skill
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design and web development.
- Knowledge on online marketing and good
- Understanding of major marketing channels
- Proficiency in IT skills
- Knowledge on Media Laws & Media Ethics
- Must be social media savvy, innovative & creative
- Must have a working knowledge of online technology
- Excellent communication & writing skills.
- Must be self-driven, assertive, analytical, punctual and organized
- Must be a team player, dynamic and able to work under demanding circumstances
- Demonstrable professional approach, enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Ability to keep abreast with evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positionS with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
How To Apply
If you meet the above qualifications and criteria, please submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter and names/contact information for three (3) referees. The positions are also open to those who are currently serving or have served the Corporation on short-term / temporary contracts.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.’’
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100