The Social Worker will offer support in the planning, implementation and evaluation of adherence support activities required for HIV prevention, care and treatment services in the respective health facilities.
- Support in the planning, initiation and implementation of the CHS Adherence Psychosocial Support minimum package at the respective health facilities. This is to be implemented in the CCC, PMTCT and TB clinics.
- Support the coordination of psychosocial support activities targeting the adults, adolescents, paediatrics, PMTCT mothers and discordant couples.
- Support planning, implementation and evaluation of defaulter identification and tracking systems at the respective health facilities in the respective health facilities using the already approved tools.
- Support the CCC in Charge in mentoring the Peer Educators and mentor mothers in Adherence Psychosocial support and Community activities.
- Participate in activities that lead to strengthened linkages between the health facility and the community.
- Support planning, implementation and evaluation of Positive Health Dignity and Prevention (PHDP) activities at the health facility.
- Identify, document and share key lessons and practices learnt on adherence and psychosocial support from health facilities and the community
- Participate in community mobilization activities
- Participate in home visits and home based care activities
- Support counselling of the clients admitted in the wards
- Ensure there is a functional intra and inter facility and community referrals
- To support the CCC in charges in integrating WASH activities in HIV programming
- Any other duty assigned.
For appointment to the post of Social Worker, a candidate must;
- Diploma in Medical Sociology, Sociology, Social Work or Community Development
- Be computer literate (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power Point)
- Experience working with MOH/County systems and personnel will be an added advantage
- Experience working in PEPFAR funded projects is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
The successful candidate will be supervised by his/her respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts of at least 3 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Photocopy of ID
- Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to email@example.com on or before Friday, January 11, 2019.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.