Social Worker at a Children’s Home
- The social worker coordinates and ensures smooth and effective running of child care programs such that all children in receive individual care, support and upbringing in a holistic approach and in the most stimulating environment possible.
- S/He participates in child intake process, reintegration efforts and maintaining good guardians’ relations.
- S/He develops Individual Child Development Plans, formulates action plans and follows up their implementation during the day to day upbringing of individual children.
- S/He keeps the best quality of social work to achieve the set goals within the Children’s Home Program.
- Writes child reports and compiles child sponsor reports as required.
- Diploma in Social Work
- At least 3 years relevant experience in social work
- Experience working with children and youth is a plus
- Well organized; able to plan, set priorities and follow ups
- Has good organizational and administrative skills
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Has good communication and social skills
- Has good reporting skills
- Typing and computer application skills. (Internet, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage
- Easily makes rapport with children/youth
- Strong self-drive and motivation, is proactive
- Emotionally stable
- Maintains confidentiality
- Positive critical thinking
- High integrity
Please note: The Social worker will be required to stay in the institution for some nights following set guidelines.
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.