Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Software, Product Management
Job Location: Malawi
The Responsibilities: The Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of a product line including the coordination of activities across various departments. This extends from deepening the profitability and penetration of existing products to developing new products for the company.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by on-going calls and visits to customers and prospects.
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Define feature roadmap for company’s products based on business opportunities and market research.
- Propose an overall product budget to ensure success.
- Monitor and set prices on products in product line to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Work with sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy.
- Create feature descriptions to provide guidance to Business Analysts and contribute and aprove the product-related Business Requirements Documents.
- Validate detailed specifications and development costing versus market potential and future predictable revenue.
- Become subject matter experts in product’s markets and provide vision and leadership to technology R&D efforts.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates internal and external product launches working with Marketing Support and Training teams.
- Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with Marketing Support team. (Including Release Notes, demonstrations, and Improvement Reports.)
- Collaborate with technology to create strategies by which technology will be developed or adapted to meet market needs and leverage opportunities. (e.g., Buy/Build decisions)
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform company of their potential applications to our business. Conduct and lead forward looking research studies.
- Develop and when necessary deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, train the trainer programs, and presentations at symposia, trade shows,and key customer accounts.
- Act as liaison between Sales, Client Services, Marketing Support, and Technology teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Work with Training team to develop product training plan internally and externally.
- Consult with Client Services team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Act as a product champion within the company.
- Create and maintain profit and loss documentation for products and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience combined with some post secondary education.
- Product Management certification a plus.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- Experience: A Product Manager possesses a minimum of three years experience in Product Management, ideally with a deep understanding of the education industry. The following experience is also beneficial:
- Computer-literate in Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Complete knowledge of SDLC.
- Demonstrated success defining, launching, and maintaining excellent products.
- Knowledgeable on use of computer technology in the education market.
- Basic knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure.
- Corporate CRM experience a plus.
Qualities and Attributes:
- A Product Manager has exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients.
- Additionally, the professional is a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role.
- He/she is highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships that result in value, benefit, and revenue growth.
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Team player attitude is mandatory.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary.
- Project management skills to understand project plans and aid in communication to others are beneficial.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 26th April 2019.
Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.
Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited