Reports to The Executive Chef
To assist the head chef in ensuring consistency of product delivery by being strict on menu executions, maintaining hygiene, managing the pass, safety & hygiene standards, portioning control and handling personnel and related issues.
- Assist the Executive Chef in coordinating the entire kitchen operation, stewarding, cooks/ prep cooks and the pass during scheduled shifts.
- Visits the customers on the table for quality check and customer service purposes
- Responsible for ensuring an outlets product Quality and Standard before the product gets to the customer.
- Work hand in hand with the Executive Chef during Menu revision
- Ensures a smooth operation durings shifts by ensuring allocating shift tasks are performed
- Responds to customer complaints, resolving them promptly and taking the necessary corrective actions, reporting all food issues to the head chef as soon as possible.
- Visiting clients on the table from time to time for quality check and customer service practices etc
- Ensuring FIFO policy is followed
- Preparation to minimise wastage and ensure customer gets value for money
- Maintains and ensures ordered supplies are delivered as per the request at all times.
- Observes stock levels and orders supplies, participates in monthly stocktake and daily closing stocks for the allocated outlet
- Ensures that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular basis (kitchen staff should clean as they work), food is disposed off properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
- Keeps the the head chef fully informed of all rising issues,unusual matters of significance, promptly taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, personnel and proper food approved
- Responsible for orienting, training and coaching and evaluation of new kitchen staff
- Ensuring that the (HACCP) is adhered to on a daily basis by all members of staff.
- Diploma in Culinary Arts/Certification in Food and Beverage production or similar qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Hospitality related field would be an added advantage
- Management and Supervisory skills
- HACCP training would be an added advantage
- Over 3 years’ experience in supervision in busy International Restaurant/Hotel Industry
How to Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send a copy of their detailed CV and recent photo to
To apply, interested candidate should send a copy of their detailed CV and recent photo to email@example.com indicating the position applied, references must be indicated on the CV.
4/Feb /2019 deadline for submission of CV