Sous Chef Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Lavington Hotel Jobs
Assist with ensuring the overall quality and profitability of the Hotel is in accordance with the policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of all Kitchen equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Understand, comply, and administer principals of law relating to food service establishments including but not limited to nutrition, sanitation, safety, employment law, fire, and health code regulations.
- Planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities.
- Leading, managing, and training of BOH kitchen team.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef modify menus or create new ones in keeping with industry and customer trends.
- Assist estimate food requirements and manage food and labour costs, control overtime, and limit waste.
- Assist with assessment of current financial trends impacting food & beverage and create cost saving initiatives.
- Strictly follow recipes, procedures and practices as per the standards.
- Active and positive participation in rectifying arising problems or complaints related to F&B.
- Give prepared plates the “final touch”
- Oversee special events held on or off property.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings and ensure active participation from all team members.
- Ensure that all F& B service associated are familiar with all menu items from hand provides items for tasting by service associates as per established policy
- Ensure all Fire, Hygiene, Health, and Safety procedures are being adhered to in your area of responsibility.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Diploma/Certificate in Food and Beverage production & Service
- A minimum of 3 years’ food preparation experience, preferably in a high volume, luxury hotel/restaurant environment.
- Certificates in Fire Safety and First Aid
- Knowledge of current food trends and best practices.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills.
- Customer service oriented with a positive can do attitude.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Team player