Sous Chef Job at Corporate Staffing Services
Gross Salary: 45-60K
Our Client is an indigenous Kenyan five-star restaurant chain that provides an engaging cultural experience for its customers. They are seeking to hire a well experienced Sous Chef who will be tasked with maintaining the hotel’s food standards and ensuring consistency.
- Responsible for all food production in the outlet including that served in restaurant(s), banquet function(s), and staff meals
- Schedule and coordinate the work of cooks, stewards, and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas always.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor, and other costs
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the resort’s policy and vision
- Come up with new dishes which appeal to the clients, whenever required
- Diploma in Food and Beverage production from a reputable institution
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy 5-star Kitchen or high end catering establishment in the same capacity, out of which at least 3 years managing a team.
- Good knowledge of HACCP and must have a HACCP Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to perform training and coaching of junior kitchen staff on regular basis and perform refresh courses as well as appraisals
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity,
- High level of discipline and cleanliness
- High-end food preparation skills and an outstanding attitude
How to Apply