Specialist Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
Job Purpose Statement
Reporting to Manager – Tax, the jobholder will be expected to review, plan, advice and implement tax legislation to ensure the group is tax compliant with minimum tax exposures while exploiting tax planning opportunities.
- Design, advise and implement tax planning measures for optimal tax impact to ensure maximum profitability for the Group.
- Study and interpret tax laws with the view to Identifying and exploiting tax opportunities in over 50 Outstations to generate tax savings for the company.
- Identify, lodge and follow up tax refund claims with tax authorities and fast track the refunds to improve the Company cash flows.
- Identify and lobby for tax law amendments and exemptions in the various Jurisdictions to reduce the cost of doing business for the company.
- Review of the existing Bilateral agreements and recommending the reciprocal exemption for the airline to reduce the impact of double taxation.
- Advise on various tax implications on company’s projects/initiatives so as to reduce tax exposures.
- Review, advise and negotiate for favorable tax clauses in the supplier contracts to reduce the burden of tax on the company.
- Review all tax schedules and tax returns for submission to Tax Authorities.
- Analyze, object and resolve tax assessments from Revenue Authorities and other statutory bodies throughout the network.
- Conduct tax health checks for outstations and subsidiaries to ensure tax compliance.
- Ensure compliance with Transfer Pricing documentation and Country by Country reporting for various countries.
- Computation of current and deferred tax for the group financial reporting.
- Reconciliation of Tax accounts and analysis of tax risks for necessary provisions to be made.
- Provide key input towards managing Group Transfer Pricing compliance
- Maintain proper controls over tax and accounting procedures in the group.
- Developing and maintaining relationship with Tax Authorities, External auditors and consultants and all other key stakeholders with the company.
- Ensure requests from key stakeholders are delivered accurately and on timely basis.
- Coordinate tax changes in various countries to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Tax or business field.
- Certified Public Accountant (K).
- In-depth knowledge of Income Tax Acts.
- Understanding of international tax principles.
- Knowledge of Transfer Pricing.
- Experience in Airline related taxation is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Communication skills.
- Leadership skills.