Economist II/Statistician II Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
ECONOMIST II/STATISTICIAN II, JG ‘K’ EIGHT (8) POSTS : REF MCG/CPSB/FEP/2018/08/13
Statistician Job Duties and responsibilities
- Providing economic planning data;
- Formulation of development strategies;
- Identification, preparation and evaluation of development projects, programmes and monitoring of their implementation;
- Conducting feasibility studies, determining project viability and setting development priorities;
- Collection, collation, computerization and analysis of data; Writing and submitting reports on specific assignments.
Requirements for the Statistician Job
- Be a holder of degree in Economics, Economics and Statistics OR Economics and Mathematics from a recognized institution;
- Work experiences in the public or private sector for a minimum period of 1-2 years;
- Demonstrate understanding of national goals, policies and development objectives and ability to align them to the County’s mandate;
- Possess knowledge on formulation of County development plans;
- Certificate in Computer application skills relevant to statistical analysis from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer from a recognized institution;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.