Store Keeper Jobs, Stores Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
Store Keeper Job
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Store Keeper to manage all operations in our food stores.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
- Exercising general control over all activities in food stores section.
- Ensuring safekeeping of Quality and Quantity of materials.
- Maintaining records of material receipts, records, and withdrawal of stores items.
- With the guide of the Sous Chef initiate purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock of all regular stores items whenever the stock level of any item of store approaches the minimum limit fixed in respect thereof.
- Initiating action for stoppage of further purchasing when the stock level approaches the maximum limit.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those for reimbursements and record keeping.
- To issue materials only in required quantities against authorised requisition notes/material lists.
- To check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage, etc.
- Maintaining a well labelled, organized and clean store.
- Prepare all needed Documentation for supplier payments
- Knowledge of stock keeping and inventory management.
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stock rooms.
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate computations.
- Competencies in data entry, and analysis.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Minimum of a Certificate in Storekeeping Management.
- 1 year of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping.
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials.
- The ideal candidate will form an important part of the school Residence team.
- Work over the weekends.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply here: https://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/10P5nWZNqG/Store-Keeper
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.