Study Clinicians, Medical Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
Vacancy No. CGHR92/07/19
This program is Collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine whose remit is to conduct research in malaria, HIV and other diseases.
Due to its continued growth, the program has a vacancy in the IMPROVE 2 project within the Malaria Branch.
POSITION: Study Clinician, MR 7
LOCATION: Rabuor Sub-County Hospital
REPORTING to: Study Coordinator
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Experience in malaria in pregnancy clinical trials
- Experience in HIV care and treatment
- GCP training
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili- both written and oral.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work well in a team, with the public and to collaborate with counterparts.
- Experience in cardiac safety monitoring conducting ECGs
- Experience with ultrasound in pregnancy
- Able to write regular reports in a timely manner
- Able to work closely with ministry of health PMTCT teams
- Able to work well in a diverse team
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide participant education and informed consent for the trial
- Administer study drugs in line with the protocol and standard operating procedures
- Conduct cardiac safety monitoring for trial participants by carrying out ECGs for a sub-set of participants
- Review all sick visits and refer for appropriate care
- Complete case report forms according to Good Clinical Practice standards
- Participate in sample collection as required by the protocol and standard operating procedures
- Advice PMTCT providers on switching guidelines for eligible participants as per the trial
- Advice PMTCT providers with HIV care and treatment of research participants
- Conduct quality checks of case report forms and correct errors before data entry
- Conduct maternal and infant anthropometry for research participants
- Other duties as assigned by the study coordinator
Terms of Employment
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How To Apply
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Contacts of three referees including telephone numbers and/or e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates.
- Contact telephone number
Apply to Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than August 13, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted